Thread: CincyReef Website Upgrade

Vice President / Webmaster Jthouse92's Avatar

CincyReef Website Upgrade

We have spoken/ heard from a majority of the club members and have come to the conclusion to move forward with the new website. I will be prepping for the transition the next two weeks and the site will be migrated over on February 22. So if you would like to pull anything from the old site you have until then to do so!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I still think we need to preserve the past club post and history. I didn't speak to anyone about it...

I am all for upgrading and moving the club forward, I just think there has to be a way to save the old site or information contained in it... At least save it for a year and see if it adds any value and revisit keeping it running next year. Lock it down so new post cannot be added, but still searched. Make all new post to the new site.

Maybe put it to a vote for the paid members:
    1 - New Site, Delete Current Site (gone forever)
    2 - Keep Current Site
    3 - New Site, Keep Current Site for a year to see what value it may or may not add to the club.
    Brad

Vice President / Webmaster Jthouse92's Avatar
    @Beastie a voting thread has been posted to the members only thread!

It will be there for ten days.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Is it a memory or storage problem that the old site info would be deleted? There are some questions on the site that were answered by some members smarter than I am about this hobby and maybe smarter than some now that we could Benifit from. Some times the old school fix maybe better than an upgrade on equipment that we could look back at if it remains available. What is the reason to delete it anyway?
    Jims tank