Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: Diy Stand

  1. #1
    Premium Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Location
    Bethel, Ohio
    Posts
    12

    Diy Stand

    Tomorrow Mark's the day the custom stand for my new to me 90 gallon. So I think I'm going to go the route of the photo below. Due to side storage to put all my wires, controllers and equipment.

    Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

  2. #2
    West Chester Reef's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    West Chester, Ohio
    Posts
    1,903
    Nice job, can't wait to see it finished
    You never know unless you ask,,

  3. #3
    Premium Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Location
    Bethel, Ohio
    Posts
    12
    So far, still have to build the side cabinet and canopy and sides of the stand

    Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

  4. #4
    Premium Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Location
    Bethel, Ohio
    Posts
    12
    Update: Figured i would go ahead and plumb it in and water test it before I close up the outside of stand and build the cabinet.

    Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

  5. #5
    Premium Member
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Location
    Bulrington, KY
    Posts
    78
    Looking good! What are you going to to use to treat/paint the wood?

  6. #6
    Premium Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Location
    Bethel, Ohio
    Posts
    12
    Quote Originally Posted by JBKReef View Post
    Looking good! What are you going to to use to treat/paint the wood?
    It's going to be painted black, and all joints where the wood meets will be caulked and thinking about putting waterproofing down on the decking just so if it does leak I would catch it before it got to bad. But I am open to suggestions, you have any?


    Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

  7. #7
    Plankton Drewski's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Location
    Moscow, OH
    Posts
    9
    Quote Originally Posted by jshouse View Post
    It's going to be painted black, and all joints where the wood meets will be caulked and thinking about putting waterproofing down on the decking just so if it does leak I would catch it before it got to bad. But I am open to suggestions, you have any?


    Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    i would use a kilz weatherproofing paint or something similar with mildew protection it will significantly reduce the chances of your stand absorbing water and protect against mildew.

  8. #8
    Premium Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Location
    Bethel, Ohio
    Posts
    12
    Quote Originally Posted by Drewski View Post
    i would use a kilz weatherproofing paint or something similar with mildew protection it will significantly reduce the chances of your stand absorbing water and protect against mildew.
    Good idea!! It's on the list

    Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •