Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: 2013 Cincyreef Swap and Committee Sign Up

Has a cot in the back
    Once we confirm the date we'll need help posting the event on other websites. Who can help with this? Ideally it would be best to have dual-members post.

beansandrice76
    I took the liberty of calling last year's venue. They have the following dates available 12/1, 1/4, and 1/18. imo we should shoot for January ( Brad's original idea). January would give us more time to plan and execute a good swap and Ubana's swap is the following weekend and they have been on the book's for month's. If the club is willing to go to January, I would be interested in being the frag swap chair person.

Rotifer
    Hope you guys pull this off. Cincy was my first swap and I have been there every year since. I would be glad to pass any info on to WORC.

I can call/ email vendors, help set up.

Is the group officially firm on December 1st?
    I can try to contact a few vendors once that has been set.

Sorry I can't be on the committee.
    Way to much traveling for work currently, but will do what I can to help out.
    230 gallon display (including sump) with just a few sps frags as I reboot.
    Inhabitants: majestic angel and magnificent foxface

Why don't we do a member vote on the date? Make the poll Wed and Thursday only. That way it still gives Fri to begin contacts.

Has a cot in the back

2013 Cincyreef Swap and Committee Sign Up

Missed Bobs post. Seems reasonable to me to wait for Jan. What do others think?

Are there better options for a swap location? Do we like the VA hall?

Might also take a pole of vendors and invite all the local shops in on it to see which date would be best for the most vendors to attend.
    Jims tank

beansandrice76
    I would agree with taking some quick polls of members and sponsors. The only reason I was looking for other venues was the cost. Our current locations cost is about 1100.00. They charge 600.00 base rate for 4 or 6 hours and 125.00 per hour over their base. Left notes at my office so not sure of 4 or 6 hour base. BUT the price does include a bartender!! We can also sell our own food. Also 12/1 is a Sunday, I don't know that it matters to members, but vendors that would be travelling might care. Another reason I am suggesting January is December most people are shopping for Christmas and may not have additional money to attend a swap. But in this day and age, parents such as myself will give my kids a small gift and a bunch of money to let them get what they really want.

One thing to consider about pushing to January is membership expiration.
    I have always renewed at the swap, but technically it will expire before can renew.
    Not everyone has PayPal...just a fact and last thing that needs to happen is a purge of members in few weeks!

If going to push the swap into next year I would suggest delaying the removal of members from the "roll" until after it occurs so those people can renew if they choose to do so.
    230 gallon display (including sump) with just a few sps frags as I reboot.
    Inhabitants: majestic angel and magnificent foxface